My friend Eddie the pagan goldsmith has inadvertently discovered an unusual way to acquire a clean mink skeleton. Here’s what you do.
- Set some crayfish traps in a lake.
- A mink will break into one of the traps to get at the crayfish, get stuck and drown.
- When retrieving your traps with their catch, fail to find the one the mink has thrashed around in.
- Since you have lost the trap, crayfish and other scavengers will have ample time to clean the mink’s bones.
- The following year, set the traps again along the same lake shore. When you retrieve them, find the trap you lost last year.
- The mink’s skeleton will be clean but still partly articulated by sinews.