True to the rules of Open Access publishing, the April issue of FornvÃ¤nnen has come on-line in all its full-text glory less than six months after paper publication.
- Katharina Hammarstrand Dehman reports on the kind of hardcore wetland archaeology you can get to do when somebody wants to dig a huge tunnel under a coastal city.
- Helena GÃ¼nther launches a merciless attack on the shamanic model of interpretation that has coloured much Scandy rock-art research in recent years.
- Maria LingstrÃ¶m reports on her fieldwork on a 1361 battlefield. Unusually early battlefield archaeology on a site where hundreds fell casualty to crossbow fire and close combat but few guns were used!
- Ulf NÃ¤sman counters the Kuhnian Huns argument.
- GÃ¶ran Werthwein reports about a Medieval smithy at a rural manor where goldsmith work took place.
- Magnus Green analyses a fragment of Spanish Medieval church art that has recently ended up in a Swedish church.