- I’m a single dad now for two weeks while my wife’s in China shooting interviews for a documentary series.
- Aard’s been getting a lot of comment spam lately, and the filter isn’t working properly, so I’ve turned on comment moderation.
- After digging in that cave I did four hours of metal detecting at the Lilla HÃ¤rnevi hoard site because it has been ploughed and harrowed since April when we were there in force. Only one semi-worthwhile metal find: one of those fyrk coins of Queen Christina’s. Also two pieces of knapped imported flint, and Magdalena found a grindstone. No hoard bits.
- I bought two LED lamps for the cave dig. When I put batteries into one of them it emitted a puff of smoke smelling of burnt circuitry. Never seen AA batteries do that before. The other lamp worked though.
- 8-y-o Juniorette held her own against three adults at Hansa and Acquire yesterday.
- Finished reading Erik Davis’s 2010 essay collection Nomad Codes last night. He’s a materialist who’s into non-believing spirituality and hallucinogenic drugs and who writes really well. Some really good stuff in there, despite (or thanks to) his alien world of thought!
- I find that Twitter (follow me there) is robbing the blog of short entries. Below are some recent tweets.
- Took the Beatles 3 yrs from “She loves you yeah yeah yeah” to “Lay down all thought, surrender to the void, it is shining”.
- As an archaeologist, I dig while William Burroughs.
- Are self-torturing Indian holy men sadhu-masochists?
- You could prepare for a zombie walk by burying a set of clothes together with some pork for a year.
- Visby house for sale with in situ Medieval burial under glass in basement.
What’s on your mind, Dear Reader?