After a languid summer of reading, swimming and some work I’m gearing up for an intense time with a lot of fun stuff during September and October.
- Accompany Junior’s class to Sevenoaks and London for music camp.
- For the second time, review grant applications for the main science funding body of a country in southern Europe, possibly with travel involved.
- Go to the Lake Vänern Museum in Lidköping to look at the finds from the Sunnerby barrow that I’ve been contracted to write about.
- The 15th European Skeptics Congress of which I am a co-organiser.
- Teach Scandy Archaeology 101 in Umeå one day a week.
- Teach Landscape History in Växjö one day a week.
- Celebrate my mom’s birthday in Paris.
- Give a talk about the last pagans on Gotland at the Sachsensymposium in Paderborn.
- Give a talk about Bronze Age sacrificial sites to the Husby-Rekarne Historical Society.
- Give a talk about shoreline displacement at the Fantastika 2013 scifi convention.