Fornvännen 2014:1 is now on-line on Open Access. We’ve had trouble with our on-line archive for more than a month. This was because the UV units, Sweden’s largest contract archaeology organisation, moved from the umbrella of the National Heritage Board to that of the Swedish History Museum. The IT folks were super busy with the move, but now they’ve got Fornvännen’s stuff up and running again.
- Sven Kalmring on evidence for contacts with Eastern Europe from the Viking town Hedeby.
- Anne Monikander on Early Iron Age strike-a-light stones.
- Robin Lindblad on Viking Period fishing and sheep breeding at an elite farmstead in the Åland Isles.
- Sıla Sokulu & Bo Ejstrud on dugout canoes.
- Anna Blennow on a Latin inscription on the font of Ausås church in Scania.
- Tobias Bondesson & Lennart Bondeson on a gold figurine from Smørenge on Bornholm (previously discussed here).
- Theres Furuskog on the Swedish East Coast’s first rock-art four-wheel wagon (previously discussed here).
- Plus book reviews.