Skip to content
- I’d love to work as a Finds Liaison Officer. But there are none in Sweden.
- The expression “Why can’t you do X” for “Why don’t you do X” really throws a spanner into my speech parsing engine.
- Four years since the Chinese lander Chang’e 3 and the Yutu rover landed on the Moon!
- Wondered why my phone’s screen was suddenly all greasy. Realised that it was because I’d been using the phone for an unfamiliar purpose: talking on it. With Junior.
- Inadvertent CapsLock just caused me to say “Gnarp” as an expletive.
- Took out the food waste bag but forgot to bring in toilet paper from the shed. Used “Robertsfors” as an expletive.
- “Oh, Twin Peaks is just an excuse for David Lynch to trip out completely” /Mrs. Rundkvist
- Meritocracy means occasionally having to hire someone you really don’t like.
- “Whole Lotta Love” opens with a lewd little snigger.
- Fish species can spread through roe getting stuck to birds. Fishes fly from lake to lake!
- Movie: The Last Jedi. Plot stacks way too many improbable crises and resolutions in way too narrow a time frame. Dialogue is ridiculous. Actors are good. Grade: Fail.
- “Pakistan” means “Land of the Pure” in Urdu and Persian.
- Wonder what Earth’s biochemistry and our technology would be like if tantalum was as abundant as copper is now and vice versa. Copper is about 35 times as abundant as tantalum.
- Heard a talk on the Rohingya situation in Burma. Learned that many Burmese human rights campaigners believe what they learned in school, that those people really don’t belong in Burma.
- Hang on in there, everybody. Friday night will be shorter than Thursday night. There will be another spring!
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: