- I used to be this kid who spoke like an old book. Now I’m becoming this old guy who speaks like an even older book.
- Checked the time before I took a nap today and it was 1337. Figures.
- Climb in the back with your head in the clouds and you’re gone
- TV series: Twin Peaks S3 (2017). Makes very little sense and is largely super slow, but some of the weirdness is worth watching. Grade: OK.
- Learned something today. The fuel cost for travelling a given distance by motorboat is about 5 times the fuel cost of travelling the same distance by car on asphalt. And the motorboat is typically much slower, which I knew already.
- I just finished seven days on unemployment benefits. Thanks for helping me out, fellow AEA members!
- This is my third new short-gig workplace in five months. Gathering no moss!
- Received two lists of “top 100” novels to use when teaching classics. One is almost entirely “realist” fiction by Dead White Men. The other is an eclectic mix of geekery topped by several titles by Ayn Rand and L. Ron Hubbard. Kids, we need to talk about these lists…
- My Mandaean student likes Kafka.