- Today my students hinted that it would be quite sad if they got bad grades seeing as they know where my Wikipedia article is.
- Surprised to find myself as Mr. Humanities at the high school where I teach. I’ve been the nat-sci literate archaeologist for so long.
- Does it count as martyrdom if you’re killed for your faith by a member of a sect whose tenets are extremely similar to yours?
- A buddy of mine works as a property manager for a wealthy old organisation. He recently had a big Call of Cthulhu moment at work. He found a bill in his inbox for upkeep of a grave. None of the names on the headstone are familiar to him. None of his co-workers recognise them. But looking back through old binders, he found that his predecessors have been paying that bill every few years as far back as he had time to follow the records…
- Aspie friends — you can take it as mad props or as a nasty insult, but it seems that Sweden’s genius warrior king Carolus XII was an Aspie too.
- Everybody, stop using “ecosystem” in that vague new non-biological sense. It’s silly.
- In Swedish, plattåk means cross-country skiing. Plåttak means tin roof.