- Given Michael Jackson’s unsavoury reputation, it is encouraging that the song is called “Pretty Young Thing” and not “Extremely Young Thing”.
- Had a French friend over for game night. She had never seen a tea cosy before. Now I begin to understand the wrong-headed logic of Brexit.
- What did it signify when Tom Waits and Mercury Rev’s Jonathan Donahue wore lots of wrist watches in album photos?
- For the past two years I’ve been in the part of your life when you help teens move house.
- Love Avram Davidson. In his Adventures in Unhistory he has footnotes asking people to please return books that he needs.
- It would be wrong to say that US has a random number generator for a president, because he is quite consistently pro-rich, anti-environment and anti-immigrant. But outside of those fields, all bets are off.
- Naval Observatory: a short shirt that leaves a person’s midriff bare.
- Companionably helping Cousin E sort through his stuff and decide what goes along with him to Bristol for the autumn semester. Notable sign of long-distance motherly care over the past three years: he has nine pairs of long-johns.
4 thoughts on “June Pieces Of My Mind #1”
It doesn’t exactly help Jackson’s reputation that his younger sister Janet was among the PYT chorus in that song–the one that comes during the part of the song that begins, “Pretty young things, repeat after me”.
As he no doubt said to his bed boys, “Let me hold your pretty young ‘thing'”…
LikeLiked by 1 person
“Epic rap battles of history: Michael Jackson vs Elvis Presley” https://bit.ly/2ZlByvY
I’m jealous of Cousin E – I have only five pairs of long-johns.
Mind you, he’s in Stockholm and I’m on the Tropic of Cancer, near enough.
My long-john usage can be used as a barometer for climate change. I wore them for only three days last winter.